Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
Damn, the party was on fire last night! And sure, they had to ally with Raishan, but at least they spelled out the terms instead of blindly agreeing. They've wizened up from their interactions with Clarota.

I also have to give Kiki props. She was able to vent out her rage towards the dragon but fortunately in a non-violent way. And that threat she made to Raishan gave me chills.

Also, some interesting interaction between Raishan and Percy in the second half.

Oh, and Kima's going with them to face Vorugal. And Scanlan finally got what was coming to him when he tried to erase Kima's memory of hearing about the plan to work with Raishan in the form of a very painful slam from her maul.

Looks like next time, we're going to be in for a rematch with the Frigid Doom, with potentially a special guest in the form of a goristro. Let's just hope that Scanlan doesn't screw up using Gate, or else things will go VERY poorly.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
And screw up he did NOT! In fact, the plan actually worked! Vorugal vs. Yenk, with Vox Machina (and Kima and Raishan) joining the fray over time. Also, Pike came back! Even better, Ashley was even in the studio!

That battle was very tense, and both Vax and Pike nearly died. Thank the gods for the Deathwalker's Ward. If not for that, Exandria would have lost a goddess's champion in the aftermath of the battle.

So yeah! Vorugal the Frigid Doom has been slain, Tiberius and Draconia have been avenged, the Ravinites are now free, Raishan lived up to her end of the bargain which could mean that her claim about the soul curse killing her and Thordak witholding the cure may be true, and Keyleth is now in possession of the Spire of Conflux!

But now... the war is nigh. Soon, they will have to take the fight to Thordak.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
But the war will have to wait a while, as the party decided to rest after the fight. During this time, they did the following:

They raided Vorugal's hoard and found some nice loot. Among the items they got, they now have 12,000 platinum coins, Boots of Feral Leaping and a Potion of Speed for Grog, a Potion of Invulnerability, a Ring of Invisibility for Vax (now Liam can once again be Gollum. PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!), and perhaps the mother lode for a paladin, the Holy Avenger. That one went straight to Lady Kima. Grog even named her an associate member of Vox Machina.

Scanlan had a memorial requested for Tiberius with the epitaph, "I encourage peace." Now Tiberius will be known as a true hero to his people, something that I'm sure he would've wanted.

Keyleth got to play with her new Spire of Conflux, demonstrating some of the spells that can be cast through it and being like a kid in a candy store. The sheer amount of childlike glee was so like her. That, and her trying to spar with Grog and sadly failing, and Grog playing along so as to not hurt her feelings. That was rather touching.

Percy and Keyleth fusing a gold mask to Grog's rhino hat with the Elvish words for "Kick me". Then, Kiki deciding to Wild Shape into an elephant and bust through the workshop door and Grog and Scanlan utterly freaking out. Then, after taking enough damage to revert back to her form, Keyleth put on a show for Grog, thanking him for "saving" her from the rampaging elephant that had swallowed her.

Vax and Vex having a heartfelt conversation about her and Percy while drinking wine. This one stands out because Vax seems to finally be accepting of Vex being in love with Percy as he is now trying to convince her to pursue him and to keep him grounded. The conversation alone is a nice reversal of the one Vex had with Keyleth in "Hope" when it came to her and Vax's relationship.

Keyleth deciding to revitalize the land for the Ravinites and spending 8 hours doing just that. During this time, Vax and Scanlan have a pissing contest, signing their names in the snow (and Vax actually BEATING SCANLAN IN A PERFORMANCE CONTEST!) while Grog and Kima decide to spar with I'm assuming Pike watching and cheering them on.

Vex and Percy, on the other hand, have a very heartwarming conversation in the forest about Percy's decision to forgive Ripley and how it affected Vex so much that she is now choosing to forgive herself for her more morally questionable actions as well as forgiving others, thus why she decided to carve the Elvish word for "forgive" into Fenthras in addition to her telling Percy that he need to forgive himself for all that has happened to him.

You'd think that the episode would've ended right there...

But no!

In a surprising turn of events, as he walks away, Percy walks up to Vex and, for the very first time, kisses her. And Vex is simply speechless. He then tells her "So we'll talk later." And then he walks away.

And that marks the end of the episode.

Such a feel-good breather episode, which was really needed after Percy's death and resurrection, Raishan's interference with their overall goals, and the fateful battle with Vorugal.

But will happen next for Vox Machina once they return to Whitestone? We'll find out next week!
Really great to see such well thought out character development. I really hope Matt titles this episode as "The Elephant In The Room" :-D
(10-22-2016, 01:08 PM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: Really great to see such well thought out character development. I really hope Matt titles this episode as "The Elephant In The Room" :-D

What I'm scared about the most when it comes to Thordak is that a normal ancient red's fire breath deals a whopping 91 damage AND requires a DC 24 Dexterity save. And short of a Nat 20, almost no one would be able to handle that much damage on top of taking some earlier in the fight.

But considering that Thordak has gotten some sort of boost due to the stone in his chest, who's to say that that fire breath won't deal out EVEN MORE? The only ones who would have a decent chance of avoiding the brunt of the damage would be the twins and Percy due to their high Dexterity.

They desperately need fire resistance. Especially Pike, considering they do have that fire-resistant plate armor. I really hope they haven't forgotten about it or thrown it away. Otherwise, one breath would knock her out (or even worse if the fire ends up killing her outright).

Wait a minute.

Pike does have the Frostbrand Shortsword. So her fire resistance is covered. Phew!

Still worried about those who DON'T have fire resistance of any kind. The closest would be Keyleth if she cast Protection from Energy, but then she'd have to cast it again because short of a Nat 20, concentration would be lost immediately.
Yeah that fight is gonna take a serious amount of careful planning. I'm missing some, but their current resources include; Rishan, J'mon Sa Ord, Gilmore, Kima, Allura (+ dwarf friend i can't remember), whitestone guard, Singorn and the airship crew. They also have potential allies in the Ravinites, Clasp, Ashari and the Slayers Take.

They should have enough for the fight, but how they organise it will drastically affect how many survive the encounter.
(10-22-2016, 04:24 PM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: Yeah that fight is gonna take a serious amount of careful planning. I'm missing some, but their current resources include; Rishan, J'mon Sa Ord, Gilmore, Kima, Allura (+ dwarf friend i can't remember), whitestone guard, Singorn and the airship crew. They also have potential allies in the Ravinites, Clasp, Ashari and the Slayers Take.

They should have enough for the fight, but how they organise it will drastically affect how many survive the encounter.
Agreed. In addition, they have almost nothing left in terms of healing potions and there's no time to resupply, especially if they feel as if they can't stall any longer.

Still, they need to gather those allies. As well as plan for the high possibility that Raishan will turn on everyone immediately and kill them while they are weakened.
Wow. Those costumes were amazing. And so was the announcement that last Monday, Matt and Marisha got engaged!

And I totally understood why Vax stopped Keyleth from going after Raishan right away. Because it's the same for him when it comes to Thordak. And yet, he knows they're not ready to take either one on, and not without the others. That forehead touch in particular really got to me.

Also, for those who still continue to claim that Vax was still leading Gilmore on, shut it. He apologized to Shaun again. And even admitted that he loved him as a friend. And Gilmore said there was nothing to apologize for. Also, giving Simon to Kynan. All those things happened because Vax had a strong feeling he was going to die in the coming days. He doesn't have a death wish; he simply wants to be sure there's no regrets left in case he does die.

Grog confiding in Keyleth the reason why he's able to suppress his rage until it's needed: because of his family and that if he flies off the handle too soon, his family will get hurt. That, and he's serving as her anchor right now so that she stays calm when it comes to dealing with Raishan. And speaking of which, kudos to her for keeping her anger under control during the meeting this time around.

And wow, Percy took a very risky gamble, but it might have paid off considering they now know exactly how Thordak was freed... from Raishan's own mouth.

And now, it looks like they're heading to Fort Daxio to prepare it as a staging area for their allies. But... I agree with Kiki that it's a very bad idea to have your allies all gathered in one place.

Well, we'll find out what happens next week.
Okaaaaay... where to begin?

Well... they went to Fort Daxio, then they decided to go to the City of Brass, they got pulled in for a favor, they got enslaved, they were forced to earn their freedom by killing a pit fiend, Vex's alignment shifted to chaotic good, they saved two aasimar boys, they nearly DIED fighting the pit fiend (and an erinyes), they got the final Vestige, and they returned home to see the fort under siege.

Gee... what was it Kiki said about planning to gather allies in one place? Won't be able to once the fort falls.

Still, that pit fiend battle. So many awesome close calls, and even some great RP moments mid-battle, such as the best casting of Heroism I'd ever seen. Nothing says bravery and courage like getting a passionate kiss from the man you love during a harrowing battle. So what if it was a waste of a spell slot for Vax? The RP was well worth it. And so was the aftermath with the revelation that Seeming was still in effect with everyone looking like the twins.

AWK-WARD~!

So many things could've gone wrong. VERY wrong. And yet, by the skin of their teeth, they not only won but also avoided incurring the wrath of over 50,000 efreet.

Oh, and Scanlan's Vestige awakened. Woo. And he killed the pit fiend. Yay. And managed to get off a clutch Modify Memory. Cool.

Uh, can someone please nerf Scanlan? He's being too OP for his own good. I will laugh if he ends up getting stricken by, say, Feeblemind.

All in all, a very, very hectic few days for Vox Machina. At least the Plate of the Dawnmartyr turned out to be an awesome set of armor for Pike. She needed it, especially the fire resistance.
By the way, does anyone believe that Keyleth now has short hair due to that fire mace smashing her head in and lighting most of her hair on fire? That, and breaking the antlers.

If so, it would be an interesting new look.