Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
Well... where do I start?

Percy and Grog failed their save against the memory loss which was fortunately reversed thanks to Pike. The time skip seemed to not have any effect, as only 7 days passed. The entire city of Whitestone had a close call. And the party decided to go to the ruins of Draconia to ascertain what to do to prepare for the fight against Vorugal.

And...

A death in the family. Rest in peace, Tiberius Stormwind. You will be avenged.

I think that about covers tonight's episode... Not even Matt was looking forward to that moment.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
Um, wow. After the seriousness and depression of the last episode, something that I was hoping would happen for about 30 episodes finally happened. Keyleth finally confessed her love to Vax. Finally.

Also, they finally traveled to Marquet! Definitely got some Arabian Nights vibes from it.

Also, we met Gilmore's parents. An elderly but kind couple.

And... the ruler of the city , J'mon Sa Ord, is more than meets the eye.

BTW, no new Critical Role for 2 weeks due to Burning Man. However! Liam will be DMing a one-shot set within Exandria. Laura, Sam, and Travis are playing alongside Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Ashly Burch.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
Do you spice...?
(09-05-2016, 09:01 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: Do you spice...?

I do spice.
Welp, Ripley's back. Believe it or not. And J'mon Sa Ord is a bloody dragon! And Scanlan got scammed. I almost felt sorry for him.

Speaking of, while Keyleth did get caught trying to use magic to speak to the lizards, at least she didn't get arrested again.

And on the subject of Keyleth, last episode she was such a badass. Easily the MVP of episode 67.
What a cinematic episode! The last half hour was more exiting than any blockbuster I've seen recently. Some master class narration from Matt.

I agree TiamatZX that Keyleth saved the day. Her new 8th level spell came to use very flavourfully, and the attack on the ship was awesome. The way the crew reacted to her landing and rock speech was fantastic.

One of the highlights for me was Vex's incite check on Scanlen. The way Matt described it really summed up the hole spice saga for me. Also Matts improvised shady enchanter has made my top 10 list of NPC's.

A friend of mine pointed something out to me I missed. Those card readings Percy got in the market spoke about a bonfire...
(09-18-2016, 02:24 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: What a cinematic episode! The last half hour was more exiting than any blockbuster I've seen recently. Some master class narration from Matt.

I agree TiamatZX that Keyleth saved the day. Her new 8th level spell came to use very flavourfully, and the attack on the ship was awesome. The way the crew reacted to her landing and rock speech was fantastic.

One of the highlights for me was Vex's incite check on Scanlen. The way Matt described it really summed up the hole spice saga for me. Also Matts improvised shady enchanter has made my top 10 list of NPC's.

A friend of mine pointed something out to me I missed. Those card readings Percy got in the market spoke about a bonfire...

Yeah, I do recall there being a bonfire. This doesn't bode well.

And yes, Kiki was the MVP. From finding the "bug" on Retort to casting Control Weather to managing to successfully scry on Ripley twice to the Keyteor moment with our Battle Couple in the air. And just for kicks, the kiss she blew to Vax. That warmed my heart quite a bit.

And yes, I also liked the Insight check on Scanlan. For the first time, Vex was able to see the cracks in the mask he was wearing. I think she could see a bit of herself in that moment, since she also tends to keep her true emotion hidden behind a mask, and even that too is starting to crack.
I've just finished the latest episode, and I've been staring at the keyboard for about 5 minutes trying to form my thoughts.

I know there are many ways to bring Percy back, but I can't help but feel Taliesin might be ok with this death for Percy. It is pure poetry that in his final moments he forgave Ripley, and therefore himself for what they brought into the world.

By far the most difficult encounter VM have been in, very well constructed by Matt. I loved the ingenuity of the trap, really set the tone that it wasn't going to go VM's way.

I've got so much more to say, but I think a quick brew and some peace and quite would do me better lol
(09-24-2016, 03:20 PM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: I've just finished the latest episode, and I've been staring at the keyboard for about 5 minutes trying to form my thoughts.

I know there are many ways to bring Percy back, but I can't help but feel Taliesin might be ok with this death for Percy. It is pure poetry that in his final moments he forgave Ripley, and therefore himself for what they brought into the world.

By far the most difficult encounter VM have been in, very well constructed by Matt. I loved the ingenuity of the trap, really set the tone that it wasn't going to go VM's way.

I've got so much more to say, but I think a quick brew and some peace and quite would do me better lol

It was a disaster the moment the trap went off.

And they hadn't even rested beforehand, so some abilities (i.e. Wild Shape and Second Wind) hadn't been replenished. Those could've helped turn the tide if they still had them.

But yeah, I'm also scared that Taliesin might be letting go of Percy now. But I'm not going to assume things yet. Not until next week.

Also... Kynan returning and using Whisper to brutal effect against poor Keyleth, bringing her down a couple of times. To be honest, I was scared that if it wasn't Percy that was going to die, it was her. And then, Vax finally getting through to him which caused the boy to turn his blade towards Orthax.

Speaking of which, props to Kiki for ignoring her own wounds and trying to keep Percy alive for as long as possible. That takes guts when you yourself are on the verge of collapse and death but you don't care; you're trying to save your best friend.
Wow... Every episode just keeps trumping the previous one.

Vex kissed Percy and confessed her love to him during the ritual, all with a Natural 20.
Pike sang for him, bolstered by Sarenrae.
Keyleth freed his soul from Orthax and admitted that he was, no, is her best friend, and she managed to successfully plead to him to return. With a general Charisma check of 19, no less.

And return he did. Percival Fredrickstein Von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III lives.

Also, Kynan is on the slow and unsteady road to redemption, but he'll get there hopefully.

And... I so called it. Raishan was masquerading as Asum all along. And they only realized and remembered the signs after the episode ended.

As if that wasn't enough, Raishan wants to form an alliance to slay Thordak. But to what end?

We'll find out next week.

All in all, a great episode, and it really drives home how tight the bonds of Vox Machina truly are.