Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
Well, if anything, the townspeople will make good fodder and targets I suppose. Hopefully the one semi-friendly Percy talked to while in disguise might be a cleric of some kind because zombie giants and vampires will just tear through the townsfolk.
Keyleth is also a spellcaster.  I don't know the druid spell list all that well, but she has some decent options there, I think.  Not having a source of radiant damage is a major strategic weak point, but maybe they'll find some source of it in the town, or be granted it somehow, before they go up against the major undead.
(10-29-2015, 03:58 PM)Esteed789 Wrote: Keyleth is also a spellcaster.  I don't know the druid spell list all that well, but she has some decent options there, I think.  Not having a source of radiant damage is a major strategic weak point, but maybe they'll find some source of it in the town, or be granted it somehow, before they go up against the major undead.

Turns out you were right.  I knew about moonbeam but sunbeam was awesome.
(10-29-2015, 10:49 PM)fmacanadaguy Wrote: Turns out you were right.  I knew about moonbeam but sunbeam was awesome.

That is so much more than I was expecting.  Strategic use of that sunbeam could wreck some vampire days.  Or, nights.  It will make them very unhappy for the 5th of a second before they explode into dust, is what I'm saying.
what a good episode, holy crap

SO EXCITED FOR TRICERASHENINIGANS NEXT EP
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter
I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE.
I definitely need the next episode now too. A weakness I thought the party had has mostly been filled by Keyleth's use of sunbeam. With moonbeam and sunbeam, she will be able to restrict the movement of undead on the battlefield. And she has the spells to remove some of the harmful effects undead can inflict.

Now to see what Scanlan can do. He showed us what I think is only a glimpse at the end of last night's episode. I'm waiting for a 6th level lightning bolt spell.

I'm thinking that the loss of Tiberius is only going to make them better players in the end as they focus more on what their characters can do and make full use of their capabilities. We already saw Grog make use of Reckless Attack combined with his new feat! I don't think we have ever seen him use reckless attack before. And I am pretty sure we have never seen Scanlan use his gnome cunning trait either.
Great episode! Glad to see the revolution picking up. I'm not looking forward to Percy finding his sister, as it can only lead to trouble. I have a sick feeling forming in my gut that the last barrel on his gun will be for her. The Briarwoods have kept her as a symbol, and won't hesitate to use her against the party. That the priest and adviser have had no contact from her since the Briarwoods arrived back from Emon tells me they have probably done something to her. Whatever Matt has planned is going to be intense for sure.
You guys have some excellent theories. I really like the one where the entity that Percy made the pact with gets more powerful with each of the barrel kills and gets to decide who that last barrel is for. I'm on board with that 100%.

I had a feeling the Cassandra might still be alive. It's good to know that she hasn't been turned into a vampire (at least it doesn't seem like she had been) and she's still steadily working against the Briarwoods. I'm so excited for the battle next week.

As for the departure of Orion, I'm going to miss him and Tiberius. As a previous poster said, I think it will make the other players better. Scanlan is a lot more powerful that I knew previously because he never had to be the main arcane caster. Turning into that triceratops was incredible. As for radiant spellcasting, I'm currently playing as a druid and there are a few radiant spells Keyleth can use (as mentioned above Sunbeam and Moonbeam. Don't get Sunburst until 15th level and they definitely won't level up in time) and I'm hoping that Vox Machina can get Keeper Vallen (the priest guy from the Lady's Chamber) on their side and maybe he can provide some cleric firepower.
(10-31-2015, 08:32 PM)cmdrdara Wrote: I had a feeling the Cassandra might still be alive. It's good to know that she hasn't been turned into a vampire (at least it doesn't seem like she had been) and she's still steadily working against the Briarwoods. I'm so excited for the battle next week.

I'm not so sure about this. Remember that there have been several uprising attempts, all provided information by (presumably) Cassandra...and every single one of them failed. Every failed uprising crushes the spirits of townsfolk a little more, leading to less and less strength in any future attempts. It's entirely possible that Cassandra has been turned, and is deliberately providing misinformation to the various rebellions that spring up.