Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
I am personally very afraid of what might happen should they fail to destroy whoever is attempting to make guns. We've all seen the affect it has in combat, just look at the previous under dark adventure.
Has it ever been mentioned if Percy offered anything to the thing when promised vengeance?
(10-25-2015, 02:53 AM)jonn254 Wrote: I am personally very afraid of what might happen should they fail to destroy whoever is attempting to make guns. We've all seen the affect it has in combat, just look at the previous under dark adventure.
Has it ever been mentioned if Percy offered anything to the thing when promised vengeance?

Yeah VM won't like being on the receiving end of guns for sure. I don't think any sort of deal has been mentioned, but we've all seen enough fantasy to know that if you're offered something by a dark evil entity, it's probably not for free...
(10-25-2015, 03:52 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 02:53 AM)jonn254 Wrote: I am personally very afraid of what might happen should they fail to destroy whoever is attempting to make guns. We've all seen the affect it has in combat, just look at the previous under dark adventure.

Yeah VM won't like being on the receiving end of guns for sure. I don't think any sort of deal has been mentioned, but we've all seen enough fantasy to know that if you're offered something by a dark evil entity, it's probably not for free...

Agreed, though I'm wondering if it is just evil or if it may be some kind of essence of vengeance.
Either way I'm putting my money on it's gaining power each time Percy removes a person from his list.
Can you imagine what would happen if whoever is making more guns (I think the implication was Ripley) has managed to figure out how to mass produce them?  That might actually be more frightening than any pact Percy has made.
Well going off of real world history we'd be looking at something on the scale of the world war...or worse. (totally not getting excited at the prospect of seeing them try and stop it.)
Well, Percy's Pact allows him to make (and presumably use) guns at a more efficient level so the guns produced and used without said pact SHOULD be more dangerous (which would fit with real world gun development).

Here's a scary thought. A new pact for warlocks, Way of the Gun. Creating TRUE Gunlocks.
Okay, can we talk about that icon G&S is using for the last episode? Tell me that wasn't deliberate, lol.
What if there isn't a name on the 6th barrel because Percy doesn't get to choose who its for; the entity he made the pact with does.
Okay, so I don't want to derail anything and have people wildly speculate about what happened with Orion. That will just generate wild rumors, go in a circle and get no actual answers in the end anyway. Instead, in pondering what last nights announcement means that with no more sorcerer around, we should focus what will happen with the party next.

So they are going up against vampires, one of the more powerful types of undead. Not to mention that Silas is a more powerful type. And they have no cleric which could turn undead or deal some good radiant damage. And to top it off we also have Lady Briarwood, at least a 14th level wizard, with only Scanlan as their arcane spellcaster. Oh boy. They have been in tough spots before where they managed to get through but I don't know if they can scrape through this one. Could this lead to a strategic retreat from Whitestone so they can think up a better plan? Or is Percy now too far gone and hell bent on getting a pound of flesh?

While knowing that Scanlan has at least lightning bolt thanks to college of lore as a hard hitting AOE spell, which can be a pretty powerful spell as it is, no counterspell is going to be an issue. If we are lucky, Matt will let Sam swap it in should he gain another level via the spell swapping option arcane casters can get. Not having it around is a setback when facing enemy spell casters.
Interesting thoughts. Fortunately the party did some good prep work before heading out, so they know to attack during the day. If they do then they will probably only have to fight thralls and lady Briarwood. It also seems possible they might stick to creating a rebellion, which would increase there chance of success greatly. The big question is will Percy accidentally sabotage the plan with his thirst for vengeance? I can't wait for tonights episode XD