Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
(06-30-2016, 11:40 PM)TiamatZX Wrote: I... I am just blown away at what I had just witnessed tonight. Liam totally killed it with his one-shot.

Well said. I've got a lot of respect for anyone who's willing to step up in Matts absence, it takes balls of steel for sure. He did great, I liked the the interesting tie in with the voice acting world.

I had to send my DnD group the the part where Travis threw protein powder at the monster. I once threw some pepper at a creature in a game I played, which failed dramatically. One year on and they still refer to the "pepper incident" at my expense :-/ lol
(07-01-2016, 02:36 PM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 11:40 PM)TiamatZX Wrote: I... I am just blown away at what I had just witnessed tonight. Liam totally killed it with his one-shot.

Well said. I've got a lot of respect for anyone who's willing to step up in Matts absence, it takes balls of steel for sure. He did great, I liked the the interesting tie in with the voice acting world.

I had to send my DnD group the the part where Travis threw protein powder at the monster. I once threw some pepper at a creature in a game I played, which failed dramatically. One year on and they still refer to the "pepper incident" at my expense :-/ lol

And the only reason why it happened to begin with was due to Liam's schedule being freed up. Therefore, thanks to that, we got the genius session that is "Critical O'Brien".
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
Well, I'll be honest, I enjoyed tonight's episode. It was really funny, and it served as a nice introduction to life in the Feywild. Also, while serving as a breather episode, it did give us a prelude to what will most likely be a very cold and unwelcoming family reunion with the twins and their father.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
Yeah a nice episode, pretty laid back. I appreciate that Matt has only just got back from Australia and is probably dealing with the worst possible jet lag, yet he still pulls off a great session.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Vex and Percy in the mansion. I thought it was very well rp'd and revealed that Vex's greed is rooted in insecurity.
Wow, last night's episode was just amazing, doubly so since it was in front of a live audience. Kudos to the audience itself for being respectful.

Plus, Percy made Vex a Baroness. A Baroness! And that was brilliant of Percy and Keyleth to find a loophole in their agreement with the satyr.
(07-15-2016, 02:51 AM)TiamatZX Wrote: Wow, last night's episode was just amazing, doubly so since it was in front of a live audience. Kudos to the audience itself for being respectful.

Plus, Percy made Vex a Baroness. A Baroness! And that was brilliant of Percy and Keyleth to find a loophole in their agreement with the satyr.

All of this! The live audience really worked well, even added to the atmosphere of the show. You could see as actors they really fed off the energy of the audience, and as you say they were respectful. 

I think if just one person had shouted out something during a tense moment it would have spoiled the mood a little, but it never became an issue. The real trial by fire will be a big fight during a live episode. Hopefully all involved will be able to resist the temptation to remind a player about a forgotten ability/effect.
(07-18-2016, 08:13 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 02:51 AM)TiamatZX Wrote: Wow, last night's episode was just amazing, doubly so since it was in front of a live audience. Kudos to the audience itself for being respectful.

All of this! The live audience really worked well, even added to the atmosphere of the show. You could see as actors they really fed off the energy of the audience, and as you say they were respectful. 

I think if just one person had shouted out something during a tense moment it would have spoiled the mood a little, but it never became an issue. The real trial by fire will be a big fight during a live episode. Hopefully all involved will be able to resist the temptation to remind a player about a forgotten ability/effect.
It might happen still. Better yet, I'm going to the next live show! I already got my ticket and flight itinerary prepared.

Sadly, I think it's too late to get tickets for Gencon that weekend. Still, who knows? I might run into a few familiar Critters.

Unfortunately, Liam won't be there for that weekend due to family matters. Family comes first, after all.
Welp, last night's episode happened. And poor Vox Machina were forced into a situation that they couldn't escape no matter how hard they tried.

Also, screw those pixies. They had it coming for imprisoning the lycans (and by proxy, the party) within the forest in the first place. And they refused to listen to reason, instead insisting that they be punished by taking away Grog. And on that note, screw those Counterspell reactions that they had, especially when they countered Greater Restoration. Thank goodness that they didn't manage to counter any more of Keyleth's high-level slots. Otherwise, Grog and/or Vax would've remain petrified for the night.

But hey, at least they got allies in the lycans now. And next time, they will arrive at the bog.

It will be weird to have the party go there without Liam controlling Vax, but his family comes first.
Everyone... I was there for Critical Role LIVE. And by "there", I mean the Hilbert Circle Theater. It was an amazing show, and I even got to meet some familiar Critters as well.

And when Keyleth got the HDYWTDT, I was chanting for her alongside everyone else. Considering the bad luck she'd been having all night, she deserved it.

Also, Travis pissed off Laura very badly regarding how close the broom was to becoming "normal". And when it turned out that it was just fine, Laura thanked Matt for saving their marriage. I laughed so hard at that.
Well, they finally got the bow. And they left the Feywild... but what's going to happen? Did a large time skip happen? We'll find out next week.

Also, I thought that Vex made the right choice in fighting Saundor. After all, he was clearly manipulating her emotions and vulnerabilities. EVERYONE in the audience should've realized that. But... no, a lot of people are saying that she should've taken the deal. I also liked the nod towards Vex's backstory about Trinket.

Also, five words: "My heart is someone else's."