Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
I thought tonight's episode was a very good breather episode, a chance for some of the party to reflect on certain things. Also, the cannonball contest was hilarious. And Patrick Rothfuss was great in providing some good moments and advice for poor Kiki.

Plus, Vax wanting to return to Vasselheim to go to the Raven Queen's temple. Who knows what will happen? I guess we'll find out next week.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
(06-10-2016, 12:55 AM)TiamatZX Wrote: I thought tonight's episode was a very good breather episode, a chance for some of the party to reflect on certain things. Also, the cannonball contest was hilarious. And Patrick Rothfuss was great in providing some good moments and advice for poor Kiki.

Plus, Vax wanting to return to Vasselheim to go to the Raven Queen's temple. Who knows what will happen? I guess we'll find out next week.

Breather episode! I felt more emotionally exhausted after this episode than after watching braveheart for the first time lol. Some how they managed to fit in more character progression in one session than has happened in the last 30 of my game. Really great to watch, with a great balance of light hearted and serious moments. 

Grogs mayonnaise bit made my coffee project from my nose at high velocity.
(06-11-2016, 07:15 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 12:55 AM)TiamatZX Wrote: I thought tonight's episode was a very good breather episode, a chance for some of the party to reflect on certain things. Also, the cannonball contest was hilarious. And Patrick Rothfuss was great in providing some good moments and advice for poor Kiki.

Breather episode! I felt more emotionally exhausted after this episode than after watching braveheart for the first time lol. Some how they managed to fit in more character progression in one session than has happened in the last 30 of my game. Really great to watch, with a great balance of light hearted and serious moments. 

Grogs mayonnaise bit made my coffee project from my nose at high velocity.

Keyleth being given crucial advice from Kerrek about how she needs to stop beating herself up every time things go wrong, Scanlan choosing to live not as the man he used to be but the father for Kaylie that he should have been and even entrusting his old Dawn Blade to her, Percy wanting to help rebuild Westruun and make it safer for the survivors, Pike assuring Vax that just because he strayed from his original goal of serving Sarenrae doesn't mean she thinks any less of him, Grog firmly accepting that both Vox Machina and the Herd of Storms are his family, Vex finally being supportive of Vax and Kiki and wanting them to be happy together, Vax accepting his fate as the Raven Queen's champion and honoring his promise to go to her temple...

So much character development in the past few episodes.

I just wonder what the next episode will entail. Probably more of the same... except why do I have a feeling that eventually Vasselheim will come under attack?

Also, I think they all deserve bonus XP for their top-notch RP that night.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
So... theories on what might happen tonight? I can think of three possible things (other than the return of Viktor):

1) Vex will sneak into the temple and spy on Vax despite his earlier protests, and discover exactly how deep he got himself into this.

2) One of the dragons will finally decide to attack Vasselheim, and for once the great city will be in true mortal danger of falling to ruin. Thus Vox Machina, the Slayer's Take, and the bastions of the city will have to unite to defend it.

3) Whitestone will fall under attack, and the news will utterly devastate Percy, forcing them to return ASAP.
Well... what happened last night not only debunked all three of my theories, but it ended in a way that I never expected.

That damn Rakshasa...
Yeah what a cliffhanger, though I had always thought it would target Vex when it finally showed up so it really hit me from left field.

My goal as a DM is to at least once in my life captivate the party as thoroughly as Matt did during Vax's communion. That was really was special to watch.
(06-17-2016, 11:14 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: Yeah what a cliffhanger, though I had always thought it would target Vex when it finally showed up so it really hit me from left field.

My goal as a DM is to at least once in my life captivate the party as thoroughly as Matt did during Vax's communion. That was really was special to watch.

Also, the backlash he's getting from that cliffhanger. It's not fair to him. After all, he's more than aware of what he's doing and he's not stupid enough to fall into that classic trap of killing queer characters for shock value.

Matthew Mercer has a plan. We just need to put our trust in him that things will still be fine.
What an episode! Not only because of the cliffhanger! The return of Victor! Grogs new hat! We nearly found out who Pike loves! Percy coming to terms with the smoke demon (the name eludes me...), The Raven Queen! Argh!!!! So much to take in! Also, in regards to that cliffhanger, a nice change to have a different bad guy other than Chroma Conclave, a great change of pace!
Right on the heels of an amazing cliffhanger is an amazing resolution with the party barely surviving an ambush by six Clasp assassins as well as Vax being brought back from the brink against Hotis.

Also, Pike Trickfoot, the nicest person in all of Vox Machina, gets the kill on Hotis. With a 7th-level Flame Strike. Welcome to level 13, Pike. You finally caught up.

Also, Vex's broom is now fully tricked out thanks to Percy.

Speaking of Pike, she's staying behind in Whitestone to aid in securing the city from any further attacks. And before the party leaves, Scanlan clears the air and absolves her of the marriage proposal, she gives Keyleth encouragement to just be happy and be comfortable with Vax, and we were just given a massive hint as to who she has feelings for... who I believe is our very own Percival Fredrickstein Von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III.

It makes sense actually if you think about how she was having dreams about the party in Whitestone, mainly about Percy and his struggles with Orthax.

Also, Ashley is leaving us once again for New York. At least she was around when they really needed her at this point in their journey (i.e. Grog's death, Kevdak, Umbrasyl, and Hotis).

Next time, THE FEYWILD!
I... I am just blown away at what I had just witnessed tonight. Liam totally killed it with his one-shot.