Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest Episode Gossip
Scroll-open 
I'm embarrassed how long it took me to work out the people hanging on sun tree where supposed to look like vox machina. I thought it was going to be Percy's family or something. Also scatlin bomb XD
It took me a while too - not until they got to the bear did I figure it out. Well played by Matt to leave the bear til last.
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter
I was so caught up in the "Pillars of Eternity" imagery of the tree that I didn't cotton onto it either, until the bear.
Until I just read this, I didn't even realize the PoE imagery. And Aloth was even one of my favorites! So ashamed right now, for reals.
It took me a while to realize who the dead were supposed to be as well.  When one of the party  (I think it was Keyleth) said  'They're Us."  You could see the moment just wash over them all, except Percy, he had his face in his hands.  He knew... somehow he knew.

Personally I loved the addition of Pelor to the pantheon of gods of Matt's world. That's two Greyhawk gods in the roster (the first being Kord).  As an old gamer from the hinterlands of time I smiled.  While unlikely in the extreme I hope Matt uses some of the mythos that comes with Pelor especially the Orb of Sol.  A holy Relic from ancient times both a druidic and priestly item.
I knew as soon as Matt described Tiberius. It was absolutely chilling. I'm seriously worried about VM for this one. I'm more attached to their characters than my own D&D character.
I think, if they can manage to get the Lord and Lady into a relatively straight-up fight, they should be okay.  The battle at the palace was intense, but the Briarwoods getting serious was actually a good thing for them.  It means the Briarwoods consider VM at least a possible threat, which means they think it's at least possible that VM could beat them.  The catch is going to be getting them into a relatively straight-up fight in their place of power.
The real problem will be if any of Percy's family is still alive. If so then it will throw a huge spanner in the works, making it more a hostage rescue mission rather than a straight fight. That will make it much more complicated and give VM a massive disadvantage while fighting.

If on the other hand some of his family has been turned, what will Percy do? Will he stop the others from killing them in hope of finding a cure? Much tension
(10-18-2015, 02:00 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote: The real problem will be if any of Percy's family is still alive. If so then it will throw a huge spanner in the works, making it more a hostage rescue mission rather than a straight fight. That will make it much more complicated and give VM a massive disadvantage while fighting.

If on the other hand some of his family has been turned, what will Percy do? Will he stop the others from killing them in hope of finding a cure? Much tension

I did not think of that at all. And if I remember right, Lady Briarwood did imply something along those lines during their escape from the palace, didn't she?

...Oh man, what if his little sister has been turned?
Oh, I actually thought the tree had Percy's family on it - I rather expect them to be undead thralls of some variety. I doubt full-fledged vamps, but maybe. We'll see.
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter