Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dragonborn Paladin
I actually filled all that stuff out - I used the PHB background section as inspiration for a lot of where it came from, along with your suggestion on the forgotten god thing.

Personality Traits:
Willing to listen to all sides of an argument
Somewhat squeamish, but comfortable fighting
Unafraid to lead, but willing to follow
Would rather talk than fight, when feasible

Ideals:
Self-Improvement
Fairness and kindness to all

Bonds:
Respect for literature and historical items
Anyone who knows about Derekkarand

Flaws:
Easily distracted by promise of information, particularly about Derekkarand
Uncomfortable with aggressive interrogation or torture

Alignment I guess I'm not certain on! I had originally marked him down as lawful good, as it seemed the way to go with a paladin - but perhaps Neutral Good or is more the way to go, given the backstory I've given him now?
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter
Sounds awesome. All thats left is to play him out and feel how he develops.

Alignment is kind of tough to pin down, I personally don't put a lot of thought into alignment beyond the basics. I feel my personality and background is going to tell me way more than my alignment.

If I were to do the alignment system thing I would probably ask myself something along the lines of...is my character completely selfless, completely selfish, or a somewhere in between? How does he feel about authority figures?

That's my personal thoughts on alignment. There are a lot of people that use the alignment system to it's fullest because it works for them.