Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rise of Jarrik
D&d 
New thread for my brand new live D&D game...

Jarrik is a Dragonborn barbarian that was raised by bears since he was abandoned as a child by his birth parents. As a result he hates all other Dragonborn and hates Hunters due to growing up with his "pack". Unfortunately, his pack was killed by a roving pack of hunters that Jarrik hunted down and murdered and left him rotting in prison which takes us to the starting point:

- Bull rushed through a partially frozen door which explodes out in a rain of ice shards
- Charges a mangy wolf that appears but misses his punch... yet still seems to scare it off
- Loots a dead body to find a well made pike
- Pretends like he can read the journal the bard found, since he really can't (great scene btw "I know I can read it... but why don't you read it out loud so i can see if you can...")
- Taunts a direwolf with his direwolf teeth necklace
- Wrestles a direwolf to the ground with his bare hands
- Chops off a direwolf's head with his pike and rips out the teeth to add to his necklace
Bad Chilii
----------------------------------
Critter, Nerd, Sworn Enemy of Nightbot
#endtheregime
D&d 
I think I kinda love Jarrik. Kiss I know it's an in person game, but I think you may need to figure out a way to stream it... Grinning
I'll see what I can do, the game changes days to whenever we're all available. But, if I could I would love to record it, Jarrik is pretty ridiculous

He tried to tame a dead person's owlbear familiar to follow him around since he believes he is part bear
Bad Chilii
#endtheregime
Since then Jarrik has:

-Traded away a platinum piece for a beer (because giving one thing and getting one thing is clearly equal)
-Scared a knight's squire by staring him down and growling
-Proved his worth to go on a quest by punching straight through a table and breaking it
-Bitch slapped away a Shambling Mound monster that was trying to eat him

STAY TUNED!!

There shall be more soon in the Rise of Jarrik!
Bad Chilii
#endtheregime
ok that is super great and I love it
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter
Ok people... get your tissues ready... time to explain the latest news in the Rise of Jarrik

to help, listen to this as you read (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qWGLgrD6MM)

After a few days of trying to connect to Ubon the owlbear (a deceased druid's companion) Jarrik had to let him go and hope they would be reunited someday soon. While in the local city, Jarrik and his party ran into an Inquisitor named Fallwin that led them out of the city to track down a mysterious man they had met earlier in their travels. some of their exploits are detailed in the posts above which takes us to present.

After killing the Shambling Mound, the party continued on as Fallwin refused to rest and wanted to track down the mysterious figure. It wasn't long until the party stumbled upon Ubon again and Jarrik emerged from the brush to see Ubon content and happy to see him. However, when the rest of the party emerged, Ubon went into a rage and tried to attack the party. After a struggle where Jarrik tried to peacefully subdue Ubon, he was forced to deliver the killing blow and end Ubon's life.

After Ubon's death, Jarrik threatened Fallwin to let them stop if only for an hour so Jarrik and Thia, their Druid (Katie's character for those who know me) could entomb his body in a pile of flowers and grass so his body would be returned to the earth. Jarrik also took a few feathers from Ubon's body and twisted them into the wolf pelt he wears as a reminder of when during his rage he had gone too far and killed a creature he felt no contempt for.

As the party continued, Jarrik began to spiral into sadness until the party finally found the mysterious figure, a magic user name Relyt, whom Fallwin apparently had been hunting. It was then Fallwin transformed into his true form, a werewolf, and Jarrik realized what had happened. Ubon was trying to protect him from Fallwin since he sensed his other werewolf form.

Now, that was where our session ended, but it seems as though Jarrik is about to take a dark turn and fall deeper into his rage. What will happen? Will Jarrik avenge Ubon's death? Will Jarrik recover from what he was forced to do? STAY TUNED!
Bad Chilii
#endtheregime
Aw that's so sad! Looking forward to the next session's story
SheWolf  
Personal Twitter: Locke_and_Load
Campaign Twitter: ValendorDnD
Character Twitter: SkylatheRanger
oooh damn

that's excellent DMing, methinks. THE FEELS WERE HAD.
DMing a game being streamed on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern! COME WATCH! twitch.tv/rpgamer99
@quadz08 on twitter
So...

After confronting Fallwin the werewolf, the party was teleported to a nearby graveyard where the fight could commence:

-Jarrik was the only one to attack and kept the beast restrained for 5 turns of combat until he was bitten and knocked out
-After the fight, the party was tasked with taking their new mage friend to a magical place high in the mountains
-Along the way Jarrik began to suffer horrible dreams of him murdering his party as the werewolf bite began to poison his mind
-making it into the mountains, Jarrik and the party has found a tribe of feral Dragonborn how are the key to getting to the mountain holy place and may hold the secret to curing Jarrik's curse

Will Jarrik be cured? Or will he murder his entire party before their adventure can truely begin? STAY TUNED!!
Bad Chilii
#endtheregime
So much to u[date!!!

-After becoming part of the Dragonborn tribe, Jarrik was able to climb to the top of the mountain that the tribe's mythical dragon
-Whilst in the dragon's treasure horde, Jarrik and the party use a Black Lotus to commune with the great sleeping dragon and received visions of a mythical dragon orb that could control all the world's dragons
-While sleeping due to the Black Lotus, Jarrik confronted and killed the werewolf aspect of his body and freed himself of the curse
-After coming down the mountain, Jarrik accepted a duel challenge offered by a rival clan member and killed the dragon in order to save the Clan leader from an assassination
-Once leaving the Dragonborn tribe, Jarrik and his party make their way to a local port city where they find a Drow musician who's band sounds a lot like AC/DC
-In the city, Jarrik and the party meet with the Baroness in charge of the city to discuss a way to infiltrate the Zorderan Empire to find the dragon orb
-Once joining up with the Drow guitarist and his pirate crew, the party sails across the sea until the run across a Kraken and a Zorderan Dreadnaught causing them to sail through a reef trying to lose them
-Ending up on a deserted island called "DO NOT GO HERE" on many maps, Jarrik finds a tribe of pygmy Kobolds and takes one with him on his travels (hilarious story btw I'll explain it later)
-When arriving at their destination, the party finds an active slave auction and through some crazy plans, knocks out the guards and frees 21 slaves
Bad Chilii
#endtheregime