Great Idea
Ok Idea
Not So Ok Idea
Horrible Idea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hosting Roll20 games for new players.
Hey everyone. I am trying to put together a few games for completely new players. Myself and possibly a few other GMs are going to try and run the 5e starter set adventure, Lost Mines of Phandelver, for people that are interested in playing or trying DnD out for the first time. We will be using Roll20 to run these games, and probably Skype for voice chat. Again we want to give people a chance to get into their first game, so we are not looking for people that have tons of experience or have played before. I know it can be hard to find a GM, it seems like there are about 30 players to every GM online, and not everyone has access to a store that runs games close enough for them. 

So again, a published adventure designed for new players, 5e system, new players only, all in a friendly environment where you don't need to worry about being new.

If you are interested just let me know in the thread and we can go from there.
This is a great idea. This way, new players that want to dabble in D&D can try it out, without committing to a medium-long term campaign. I'm all for it! Grinning
This is a great thing, just started my first campaign two weeks ago and love it. Do you have any idea on when you would be running these games?
When the campaigns are run depends mostly on those interested and their available times. Short sessions during the week are probably going to be the best bet if there are multiple games running at once. Weekend games are possible as well just not as many slots available.
I would be interested, and my wife might be. She has played once, and I've played less than 5 times.
(09-13-2015, 10:35 AM)Vuroth Wrote: I would be interested, and my wife might be.  She has played once, and I've played less than 5 times.
Sounds good. I'll pm you to start working out the details.
Hey there- I've never really played, but I've kinda followed D&D forever. If you're still looking for another newbie to join up, I'm absolutely interested!
(09-13-2015, 01:30 PM)ColbaltSixty Wrote: Hey there- I've never really played, but I've kinda followed D&D forever. If you're still looking for another newbie to join up, I'm absolutely interested!

Pm sent
I would be interested as well

(09-13-2015, 04:44 PM)cajuntbob Wrote: I would be interested as well

Pm sent.

Ok, so it looks like we're getting some interest. We have plenty of space left to fill out for session times. Again we want to see anyone interested in getting their first D&D session in. So if you've been looking for a chance to play and haven't been able to make something work this is a good chance to get that first adventure in. Nothing required on your part to play except a free roll20 account and a friendly attitude. Hopefully we can get some more people involved.