Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critter Writers
Quill 
Hello all you lovely Critters!

I recently discovered (and entered) a fantasy writing contest that Geek and Sundry is sponsoring over on http://www.inkshares.com

It got me to thinking...we've seen week after week that that there's a lot of artistic talent in the Critter community. I'm sure there are other Critter writers out there and I'd love to find a way for us to share the same love and support that we see for artwork with our critter writers. 

I'll also be trying to reach out on Twitter to fellow critter writers and would love to read any of your entries to the Inkshares contest. Let's spread the critter love guys. 

How many of you out there are writers and what type of writing do you prefer?
(08-13-2016, 12:47 PM)LadyDynamo Wrote: Hello all you lovely Critters!

I recently discovered (and entered) a fantasy writing contest that Geek and Sundry is sponsoring over on http://www.inkshares.com

It got me to thinking...we've seen week after week that that there's a lot of artistic talent in the Critter community. I'm sure there are other Critter writers out there and I'd love to find a way for us to share the same love and support that we see for artwork with our critter writers. 

I'll also be trying to reach out on Twitter to fellow critter writers and would love to read any of your entries to the Inkshares contest. Let's spread the critter love guys. 

How many of you out there are writers and what type of writing do you prefer?

Hey LadyDynamo, I think the Inkshare comp is a great initiative to get those who've always wanted to sit down and start writing motivated. 

I really enjoy Sci-Fi and fantasy fiction in the vain of Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson/Terry Pratchett/Orson Scott Card and Brent Weeks. But having such incredible idols is a real mixed blessing because it's impossible for me to write at that level. It's a real viscous cycle of reading, feeling inspired, writing, comparing, despairing lol.

I liked the look of The Silver Cage as well, keep up the good work :-)
Ain't that the truth. We always seem to be our own worst critics, I think.
This sounds like a fun idea, although I'm not sure if I'll be entering. I've been struggling a lot with creativity for the past while, so I doubt I'd be able to write anything half-decent within that space of time.

But hey, who knows. Maybe I'll get struck with inspiration and write some sort of bizarre Steampunk Ulster Cycle fantasy story.

As far as what kinds of stuff I'm interested in though, I mostly read Terry Pratchett's Discworld books and fanfiction. Outside of that I don't actually read a lot of novels, admittedly.
(08-15-2016, 01:00 PM)Scratch92 Wrote: This sounds like a fun idea, although I'm not sure if I'll be entering. I've been struggling a lot with creativity for the past while, so I doubt I'd be able to write anything half-decent within that space of time.

But hey, who knows. Maybe I'll get struck with inspiration and write some sort of bizarre Steampunk Ulster Cycle fantasy story.

As far as what kinds of stuff I'm interested in though, I mostly read Terry Pratchett's Discworld books and fanfiction. Outside of that I don't actually read a lot of novels, admittedly.

If you're into Steampunk, I highly recommend Gail Carriger. She's pretty wonderful.
Maybe I should attempt a translation of my own book to English...  Pacing
“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”

― H.P. Lovecraft[url=https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9494.H_P_Lovecraft][/url]