Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SCL vs Roll20 or is there even a VS
It seems like SCL could end up replacing Roll20. Granted I am not very familiar with either, beyond watching streams, but would love to hear the similarities and contrasts between the two. Or will each fill a different online niche?
EDIT: Moved to General Discussions Thread
(08-24-2015, 02:13 PM)Grinch Wrote: It seems like SCL could end up replacing Roll20. Granted I am not very familiar with either, beyond watching streams, but would love to hear the similarities and contrasts between the two. Or will each fill a different online niche?

I don't think SCL could possibly replace Roll20. I'll go ahead and give you a quick rundown on the both of them. SCL is an video game, with an editor, whereas Roll20 is a tabletop simulator of sorts. As far as I've seen, SCL doesn't have any kind of rolling mechanics, it plays like a video game. Now if someone wanted to make a dungeon for their friends to run through, that would be for SCL. Roll20 has support for most, if not all tabletop RPG's up to this point. With full on rolling mechanics, and character sheets. Apples and Oranges really.  Winking

Don't get me wrong though, SCL still looks like it will be amazing. But it's not really comparable to Roll20.