Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Fionavar Tapestry - New Campaign - Closed
D&d 
You and your party have come to the capital city of Brennin to seek employment first, but also maybe just a little bit of fame.  You’ve come to answer the call for a team of brave adventurers to join the Order of the Throne.  The Order is looking for new members to fill out its ranks.  As a member you will be given the opportunity not only to complete tasks for the throne itself, but also contracts for guilds and even private citizens of Brennin.  What adventures await you in the country side of Brennan and even the realm of Fionavar itself? 

The names and places of this world are heavily influenced by some of my favourite fantasy books growing up.  The Fionavar Tapestry triology by Guy Gavriel Kay and also two book set Mordant’s Need by Stephen R. Donaldson.  I have read these both several times, and can also find time to read them again, up there with Tolkien for me.

The world itself is original, as are the dynamics of it.  There are things that will be borrowed and tweaked from across the different fantasy settings and stories to make them fit this world and make them new.

Games every other week, Friday/Saturday/Sunday 8pm EST (TBD), new players welcome, and patience for a newbie GM required.  There will be at least one session 0 with the group to go over world details and work through the backstory of everyone together.  If this needs an extra session that will be arranged.  I am looking at getting this campaign started by mid March.  PCs will be starting at level 1

I am looking to find committed players who want to help me build this world and a great story to go with it.  There will be combat, but my endeavour will be to create great moments for role play and also other story telling devices (mystery, puzzles, etc.)

Races and classes of Fionavar
·     All standard PHB races, plus Goliath from EE, no Drow
·     Only standard PHB classes
·     No homebrew races or classes

Applications

Name:
Preferred Day: Friday or Saturday or Sunday
Experience with D&D 5e:

Race/Class preferred:

Simple Outline of backstory:
Here is the initial world map for this campaign.  Some of locations will be fleshed out during Session 0 with the players.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-13-2016, 09:37 AM)SignGuyOttawa Wrote: Here is the initial world map for this campaign.  Some of locations will be fleshed out during Session 0 with the players.

Are we allowed to create our characters before Session 0? Or do we roll our scores during it?
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
(02-13-2016, 10:32 AM)TiamatZX Wrote:
(02-13-2016, 09:37 AM)SignGuyOttawa Wrote: Here is the initial world map for this campaign.  Some of locations will be fleshed out during Session 0 with the players.

Are we allowed to create our characters before Session 0? Or do we roll our scores during it?

Now once the people that are invited to play, I will give details on basic character creation.  Session 0 is more about making everyone's backstories fit together where needed and also to give an overview of the world you would be playing in.
Name: Adam Schwartze (my IRL name)
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Preferred Day: Saturday and/or Sunday (Fridays are occupied with another game)
Experience with D&D 5e: Played a one-shot as a gnome monk and currently doing free-form RP for an upcoming full campaign as a half-elven fighter.
Race/Class Preferred: I'm flexible. For this one, most likely a human or elven rogue.
Simple Outline of Backstory: A treasure hunter looking for ancient artifacts to give to museums and earn some cash to support an orphanage.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
Name:Jonn Russell (IRL name, I will pick a name for my character during character creation.)

Time Zone:GMT +10 I'm in Australia but times won't be a problem so long as I have notice.

Preferred Day: Friday and Saturday are fine providing the games finish up earlier but I would prefer Sunday as I do not need to leave for work after the sessions

Experience with D&D 5e: I've played two campains of D&D so far one was the lost mines of Pandalin, the other is a long running campaign that's on going. In Both I've played the same Dragonborn fighter as I learnt earlier on in my RPing years I suck at most other classes. 

Race/Class preferred: If acceptable I would like to play a Dwarf Paladin, I am happy to discuss this with the GM and other players should we need something else or it doesn't fit the group properly 

Simple Outline of backstory: An elderly once retired Dwarf who's picked up his weapon once again to deal out much needed justice to the evil doers and law breakers 
Jonn, thanks for your application, however I closed the application process on the weekend, I have the six players needed.  If something happens, I will keep your name around.
Hmm I must have missed that, it's all good I'll keep an eye out. Good luck with the campain
Oh man, how on earth did I miss out on a Fionavar campaign run out of Ottawa. Unhappy
(02-25-2016, 07:13 AM)Vuroth Wrote: Oh man, how on earth did I miss out on a Fionavar campaign run out of Ottawa.  Unhappy

Man don't say that...the fact you even know what Fionavar is makes me sad you didn't see it before.  Take solace in the fact that it is a campaign of Fionavar in name only.  I wouldn't want to butcher the original story by trying to run a campaign though that world.  Just borrowed the names of places and such.  If you want to take a bit of a look, I have an obsidian portal site started for the campaign.

https://fionavar.obsidianportal.com

let me know what you think!