Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May Campaign for New Players (and old)
Hi, my name is Laurence and I'm 26. I have some time off planned for the second half of May, and I thought this would be a perfect time to start a few campaigns. These won't be long term (only from level 1-5 or round about), but are designed to hopefully create play groups that can continue on into more incredible adventures in the future.

I will hopefully be able to run two or three campaigns (entirely dependant on interest) between 16th and 29th of May. Each campaign should take between 4-6 sessions, with each session lasting around 4-6 hours. This can be adjusted if there's enough interest in a shorter game time. Each campaign has 6 spaces, but can run with 3 and above. I will be using 5th edition rules, and will be playing over Skype.

The campaigns themselves will be a mix of combat and roleplaying, full acting qualifications needed. All players need to sign a document promising you won't laugh at my attempt to portray an authority figure. In all seriousness I hope this will be a laid back introduction to Dungeons and Dragons. 

I will not be able to carry on these campaigns after my time off, but my hope is that the play groups formed might be able to continue afterwards. This is mainly aimed at those who have never played before, but all are welcome. It also helps to have a few experienced ones to help and guide new players.

Please post interest below, including days and times you think you can be free (long way ahead I know) and your timezone. Thanks for your time.
Thoughts on a short game. Maybe pull an old campaign to play and scale it up? I played the "Dark Tower" campaign started at lvl 15 or something but enjoyed it greatly. I find low levels can be a bit tedious sometimes. But just an idea, thought I would run it past you and see how you felt about it
(03-09-2016, 05:24 PM)Ryptoz Wrote: Thoughts on a short game. Maybe pull an old campaign to play and scale it up? I played the "Dark Tower" campaign started at lvl 15 or something but enjoyed it greatly. I find low levels can be a bit tedious sometimes. But just an idea, thought I would run it past you and see how you felt about it

Yeah good point Ryptoz. I know that low level campaigns can be tedious for more experienced players, but for new players those early sessions are vital for getting used to the way the game works without having to remember the huge arsenal of abilities and spells you gain at higher levels.

That being said if there is enough interest in a short term high level campaign I would be willing to run one :-)
Yeah, I would be totally up for that. TBF It was my 1st full campaign but I played as barbarian which was pretty easy to remember. I haven't played much casting but appreciate is would be more difficult to remember all the spells and abilities.
So were approaching May and I thought it was about time I got this thing rolling. Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest so far. Can I ask everyone who wishes to play reply in this thread using the following layout.

Times Available: Please list all possible days/times (including timezone) you are available, in order of preference, first being your most ideal. 

Preferred Class(es): 

Preferred Game Style: My games usually contain equal amounts of combat and social encounters. If there's enough interest in a more focused game I would be happy to accommodate it.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything please PM me. If there are enough players for a game I will message all concerned so we can pin a date down for a session 0, and start working on backstories (my favourite part!).
Times Available: Tuesday, saturday and sunday CET

Preferred Class(es): Wizard, Cleric, Paladin

Preferred Game Style: Equal amounts of combat and social encounters. A little bit of horror and mistery are allways apreciated
For rolls and combat maps will we use Roll20?
Times Available: GMT (UK), Mondays all day, Tuesdays after 8pm, Wednesday all day

Preferred Class(es): Barbarian, Warrior, I have a few random ideas too. Usually Melee.

Preferred Game Style: Lots of fights, loots, bosses, with a social side. Not to strict on food rations/travel times ect.
Hey lads, I appreciate the interest but I have not had enough responses to make a euro timezone game unfortunately. I have posted a number of possible times on the US campaigns thread, and although they are tough for us Europeans if you think you could make one of them please reply in that thread. It would be great to have you join. :-)