Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Tiberius left Critical Role
Not sure if this is quite the right place to put this, but couldn't think of a better one.  For those who don't know Orion has put out a vid explaining why he has left, or parted ways to use his own words, Critical Role:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BscLpgvuOM

To summarise for those who don't want to follow the link, basically he's got various projects that he wants to work on and they don't allow him time to dedicate what he'd like to Critical Role, so to save Matt the agro of trying to work out how to fit Tiberius coming and going, especially as he's already doing so with Pike/Ashley.  He also has grand plans for the Stormwinds and Draconian story wise that he feels won't fit into a short visit and he feels that he can't expect the show to spend the time necessary to fill such grand plans.  He does hope to return for visits, but can't say when thatll be because he doesn't know.
(01-10-2016, 10:32 AM)LordofUzkulak Wrote: Not sure if this is quite the right place to put this, but couldn't think of a better one.  For those who don't know Orion has put out a vid explaining why he has left, or parted ways to use his own words, Critical Role:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BscLpgvuOM

To summarise for those who don't want to follow the link, basically he's got various projects that he wants to work on and they don't allow him time to dedicate what he'd like to Critical Role, so to save Matt the agro of trying to work out how to fit Tiberius coming and going, especially as he's already doing so with Pike/Ashley.  He also has grand plans for the Stormwinds and Draconian story wise that he feels won't fit into a short visit and he feels that he can't expect the show to spend the time necessary to fill such grand plans.  He does hope to return for visits, but can't say when thatll be because he doesn't know.

It was no doubt a hard choice, both in real life and in character. Orion was thinking of not just himself but the others as well, and Tiberius simply had to forge his own path now. That being said, I do wish Orion the best in what he plans to do, and I'm glad that this whole thing was finally put to rest.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
It is good that he put that video out. While it brings up some old matters, at least going forward for viewers finding the show for the first time, they will find him addressing the issue rather than going out and finding internet rumors.

In the end, it has all worked out. The show has been flowing faster and the remaining 6 (7 when Pike can show up) have had to pick up the slack. Sam certainly has stepped up his game considerably without changing his attitude or style.
(01-11-2016, 11:42 AM)fmacanadaguy Wrote: It is good that he put that video out.  While it brings up some old matters, at least going forward for viewers finding the show for the first time, they will find him addressing the issue rather than going out and finding internet rumors.

In the end, it has all worked out.  The show has been flowing faster and the remaining 6 (7 when Pike can show up) have had to pick up the slack.  Sam certainly has stepped up his game considerably without changing his attitude or style.

And hopefully people will stop whining and asking where he is all the time on the stream, as well as stop making up theories. I've had enough of dealing with both and ending up involved in discussing both.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
It was very sad to see Tibs go, as he was wonderful. The persona he created was wonderful, the sheer utility he brought was undeniable, and some of the moments he created will last forever in the hearts of all critters.

Good on Orion tho, and I know all of use wish him the best.