Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rewatch value
(12-23-2015, 03:17 PM)fmacanadaguy Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 06:22 PM)TiamatZX Wrote: I'm sorry but I have to disagree. "Aramente to Pyrah" is one of my favorites BECAUSE of her acting; it's what made Keyleth my favorite character. 

Actually, her acting is what convinced me Keyleth is the character I dislike the most .  Because of various things that Keyleth has said, the only rational conclusion to some of the issues she has to face is to retire from adventuring completely.

She started to worry about the consequences of the actions the party takes and frets about what could happen even if they do what appears to be the right thing at the time.  While that is not a completely irrational thing to consider for a naive character like Keyleth, the only conclusion to that line of thinking and worrying is to not be in those situations and thus not be an adventurer in a party that as a whole doesn't worry about such things.  Time to re-roll.  I like how well Marisha plays the class though.  Just not that portion of the character's personality.

My favorites are any episodes with Grog and Scanlan.  I could watch them all day.  There is even a Youtube channel focused on some of Scanlan's best moments.

To be fair, there's no easy way around doing what needs to be done to survive. The world can be quite unforgiving, and she's having to learn that the hard way. Sometimes, you do need someone to slap you across the head and make you come to your senses before you do something that you'll regret for the rest of your life. And if no one is there to remind the party that they might end up doing things that they can never take back (and end up suffering consequences for those actions down the road as seen in Episode 26 for instance), things will only take a dark turn.

Sometimes even the most seasoned adventurers need reminders of who they are deep down and they need to just stop and think. After all "he who fights monsters should take heed, lest they become monsters themselves". Percy himself nearly became a monster during the Whitestone arc, and the only reason why he's still the same as we've seen him is because of his friends, allies, and family.

Besides, they've been playing this campaign for 3+ years now. They don't plan to change things anytime soon, not unless things occur that do shake the foundation of the group to its very core.

Anyway, this has gone completely off the rails from its original intent.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
You are right fmacanadaguy.