Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(One Opening!) Emissaries of Whitetimber - 5e DnD Campaign
Bag-of-gold 
Hello, my name is Jon! I'm a DM looking for players of all experience levels interested in playing a 5e Homebrew campaign over Roll 20. Encounters will take place using theatre of the mind for now. I would like to have a session 0 to explain the world and setting in greater detail as well as talk about expectations and ideas, and help with character creation if needed.

Here's a little bit of set-up for the campaign:

20 years ago the Kingdom of Restaise faced a bloody civil war overthrowing the tyrant Mage Emperor Er. The rebels led by lost princes of the Old Sovereignty prevailed after a 5 year struggle to reclaim their thrones. King Jei Whitetimber was put into power by his brother and their generals following the war. Now 15 years after this moment you having been selected to be mentored by these powerful figures you will carry out their will and combat threats to the Kingdom.

If you're interested in playing in this campaign just let me know!
I could be down for this depending on timeframe. Any preferences regarding materials available for character creation?
(12-08-2015, 01:18 PM)Esteed789 Wrote: I could be down for this depending on timeframe.  Any preferences regarding materials available for character creation?

Sessions would probably be early afternoon on Saturday (Around 1-2 pm EST or we can figure out a better time for everyone) and last 3-4 hours typically. I have no preference for character creation materials so you have complete freedom using published materials or we can talk about ideas that aren't in published materials.
Any chance that time could be nudged up a little? I work until 4pm EST on Saturdays usually. I could probably be home and ready to play by, like, 4:30pm or 5pm.
(12-08-2015, 03:31 PM)Esteed789 Wrote: Any chance that time could be nudged up a little?  I work until 4pm EST on Saturdays usually.  I could probably be home and ready to play by, like, 4:30pm or 5pm.

Yeah! 4:30 or 5:00pm EST works just as well!
5pm might be better, just to allow for traffic and grabbing a quick drink or something, but I could work with 4:30pm too.

As for character options, I've got tons of concepts that span the gamut of just published stuff to various UA bits, so it might be easier to ask if there's any UA stuff you're definitely not allowing. Oh, and just to be clear, would published material include the EE Companion?
(12-08-2015, 05:03 PM)Esteed789 Wrote: 5pm might be better, just to allow for traffic and grabbing a quick drink or something, but I could work with 4:30pm too.

As for character options, I've got tons of concepts that span the gamut of just published stuff to various UA bits, so it might be easier to ask if there's any UA stuff you're definitely not allowing.  Oh, and just to be clear, would published material include the EE Companion?

The EE companion I consider published material. The UA bit I'm not allowing are Modern Magic, Awakened Mystic, and Minotaur characters from Waterborne Adventures (Storm Sorcerers are perfectly allowed though)
Gotcha. That narrows it down to two concepts for me, then: Air genasi rogue with the pirate (variant sailor) background, or tiefling bard with the urchin background.
(12-08-2015, 06:10 PM)Esteed789 Wrote: Gotcha.  That narrows it down to two concepts for me, then:  Air genasi rogue with the pirate (variant sailor) background, or tiefling bard with the urchin background.

Awesome! just need a few more people to join!
I'd be very interested in joining this campaign if there's still space. While I know the basic rules, my actual D&D experience is fairy minimal, but I'd be very willing to learn!