Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LFG 5e (Full atm)
D&d 
Greetings!

My name is Nexus and I am looking for three-four players who would be interested in playing a campaign of my own design from 5e.

I have yet to DM 5e, but have DMed Pathfinder, 3.5 and Star Wars (both d20 and EotE), so have some experience.

Looking for three-four friendly players who just want to enjoy roleplaying and hanging out online over Skype/Roll20.net.

I am fairly flexible (probably looking at Sun-Wed evenings).

Looking for PHB only classes/races unless you can be very convincing. You'll start off as a small adventuring band who know each other, and do various little quests, but maybe it'll turn into something more? Particularly if you want to come up with backstory and stuff.

Post here with your character ideas and availability and I'll see what I can do!
(11-23-2015, 12:40 PM)Nexus Wrote: Greetings!

My name is Nexus and I am looking for three-four players who would be interested in playing a campaign of my own design from 5e.

I have yet to DM 5e, but have DMed Pathfinder, 3.5 and Star Wars (both d20 and EotE), so have some experience.

Looking for three-four friendly players who just want to enjoy roleplaying and hanging out online over Skype/Roll20.net.

I am fairly flexible (probably looking at Sun-Wed evenings).

Looking for PHB only classes/races unless you can be very convincing. You'll start off as a small adventuring band who know each other, and do various little quests, but maybe it'll turn into something more? Particularly if you want to come up with backstory and stuff.

Post here with your character ideas and availability and I'll see what I can do!

Hey Nexus.

My Character Ryptoz Holyshield.
Half Elf Fighter
Eldritch Knight - Spear/Shield wielder.
Chaotic Good.
Based loosely on a Guild Wars Paragon (would need to talk about spells)

Ryptoz was born a bastard into the renowned Paladin Guild "Holyshield" an event that caused his unknown Human father to be disgraced and exiled from the guild. Due to his questionable introduction to the guild Ryptoz was outcast by the other members and was given the lowliest of tasks deemed unworthy of there attention. Because of this Ryptoz started resenting the guild bringing out his Chaotic nature. Later in life Ryptoz being and arrogant but capable fighter he burst into a council of the elders (whose head is his grandfather Ralon Holyshield) and questioned there lack of respect for him and demanded more meaningful/challenging tasks. This act of arrogance and disrespect to the council gave Ralon the chance to remove his grandson from the Guild. Taking a holy flame and mildly scorching the guild symbol on Ryptoz' shoulder, Ralon exiled Ryptoz from the guild with the task of slaying (some mythical creature of legend) to be able to re-enter the guild. Ryptoz now spends his time traveling from town to town taking bounties, helping local law enforcement and helping those in need.
(I am new to D&D but have over 7 years experience in RPing)

23yo from North East England. Available anytime as long as I have notice.
Hello good sir/madam.

My character idea is something like this

Mr Ace Conner
Human Wizard
Necromancer
Chaotic Good

Ace is the seventh son of a seventh son. It was said in the village where he was born that any such child would posses great healing powers. As such, his entire life was spent under the shadow of this prophecy. He quite liked the attention and thought of these great powers, so he chose to embrace the life of a chosen one. Yet, as he was approaching his twentieth year, he still showed no signs of any abilities, except that he found himself doodling in a book more often than he would have liked. This was a constant damper on his spirits, which was worsened when no-one would pay him any attention anymore. Although he did nothing wrong, he felt too ashamed to live in the village, so he fled into the forest where he hoped to live alone the rest of his useless life. This was where he came across the old man, or where the old man came across him: he was never entirely sure how they met up. After hearing Ace's Story, the old man couldn't help but laugh. He did then tell Ace that he did have the ability to use magic, but his doodles were the key. After teaching Ace the few rudimentary spells that were already doodled in his book, the old man was gone just as mysteriously as he had come. Ace could not bring himself to return to the village just yet, so he headed out in search of more mysterious old men to help him become more powerful. He would not return until he was able to raise someone from the dead, something that only a truly great healer could do. 

I am 22, from Scotland, and available every evening except Tuesdays and Fridays if you would have me.
I have sent you a PM already BigBlazen Grinning
I'm Currently in a campaign now chances are it'll finish up soon.
I'm 23 and in Australia but all I need is to be given a time of day and day to be able to join.

I'd be playing a redo of a very old character of mine.

Sir Eden Gremory Alluran Summerford Knight of Ivy
Dragonborn fighter.
battle master (happy to change race. battlemaster is just my intended choice later)
Chaotic good.
A glistening tower of blue scales and steel, silhouette the heavy muscles and generally terrifying image of Sir Eden Summerford.

Eden's father was a soldier, his mother a scout. His grandparent all served as one form of martial profession and so it always has been in the Summerford line. Because of this when he displayed a natural adaptation to all things martial, or when untrained at the age of 3 (dragon born years) he won the local tourney single handed. What did come as a surprise was the detachment of knights who showed up on their modest doorstep a day later claiming 'Eden Summerford is destine for greatest our liege wishes him to realize his destiny.' and so with a great rush of goodbyes and tears of his parents Eden suddenly found himself in a fort town shunted away in the distant mountains.
His new family? The Order of the Ivy and as he was soon to learn a group of knights spell casters and common folk dedicated to the preservation of knowledge and civilization.
weeks and months flew by as a initiate here every day filled with marching, drills, unorthodox training and study. Eager for greater challenges Eden mastered and surpassed everything his instructors could come up with. This soon landed him in a specialized group, here he met his first friend. Though friend isn't the best word. A Dragonborn like him, his new friend was a chromatic Red dragon by the name of Lural Verdanfall or as the group called her 'Red'. A fighter like Eden they often butted heads and came to blows.

The rest of group consisted of 2 others a human named Lucas a man of guile and sharp words and Agga a..a women from every far away, try as the group might they never did discover what she was.
This group was some what of a live wire with a great potential for destruction.
By working together they were quickly able to reach the point where they could take the final test and become true knights rather then just initiates. all they had to do way enter a local mine rescue a lost miner who'd gotten trapped by goblins and bring him home. Simple really. Or is should've been..

Finding the man was easy however they hadn't been prepared for the cave in or the swarms of beasts that came out of the darkness, The horrible ghostly sounds that stalked them in the caves.. After a week of being trapped underground Eden made it to the surface alone clutching nothing but a bloodied backpack they had gone in with. He never spoke about what happened in that cave.
While the test had gone horribly wrong it was decided to be enough to knight him. After the ceremony Eden shut himself away in the archives searching for something to help him save or avenge his friends. Until several weeks ago when he got a visit from the orders leaders telling him to find and aid an informant of their's.
In terms of how I connect to the others in the group I'm happy to discuss that
K we have 4 so i'll leave it for now.
Hey Jonn we sent you a PM mate
I saw sent Nexus a reply. just waiting on it now.
Ok mate, well drop me a reply if you can or something Nexus is away on Skype atm
Okay Replied to yours. All good now.