Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Fantasy Campaign
Torch 
Looking to start a group on Roll20, as DM.  Using a very old, game system which is very simplified rules wise.  But has a lot of finesse.  Looking for enthusiastic players who might be new to Role Playing.   Rule set is nothing like D&D.  Not sure about what Days and Dates.  But looking for dedicated players.  only days it cannot be are Wed and Thurs.   The day on which this will run might be alternating for Time availability.  I mainly want a comfortable environment for players to play.  Overt Friction is not wanted.  Thank you in advance for reading this.
hmm, listening
Hi Mobius, my name is Nancy and I am interested in joining your campaign. I am new to the world of D&D and role-playing so I am open to learning. I would like to know more about this system you are trying to implement.

I am available Friday and Saturday evenings (7PM-11PM PST) and Sunday mornings(11AM-2PM PST).
(11-01-2015, 05:19 PM)fancynancypie Wrote: Hi Mobius, my name is Nancy and I am interested in joining your campaign. I am new to the world of D&D and role-playing so I am open to learning. I would like to know more about this system you are trying to implement.

I am available Friday and Saturday evenings (7PM-11PM PST) and Sunday mornings(11AM-2PM PST).

Thank you for your interest in the game, I will try to be less vague in my next post

The system runs on a D10/100 based system, allowing for more fine tuned bonus / negatives vs a D20 where if you are +1/-1 its actually a +5% / -5% dip.   The game system does not have any classes.   There are no Fighter/cleric/wizard, archtypes, and there are no levels for those things.   The system works in a more 'realistic' setting,  you start with a Endurance / fatigue and pretty much stay that way unless you advance them with EXP and training.  

The primary design doesn't limit you to a specific thing, its very open ended.  what you advance in Rank are skills.  Be they weapon skills or skills such as ranger or spy or healer or assassin or merchant perhaps a Military scientist.    every advancement = bonuses to sub skills in those.  Ranks go from 0-10,  0 being someone who knows how to do all the basics, to a level 10 where you are one of the very very few who have this ability in the world.  

Experience points are not based upon kill ratios, they are based upon the judgement of the DM on how well you played your character, or didn't.   But the core is based upon the time played in a session vs if you kill 23 orcs.    The game has a deep magical college system which follows a more THAUM/ ELEMENTAL/ENTITYl aspects of it.  Just like skills and weapons, you can advance specific spells in rank, but the upper cap is 20.   This makes life more perilous, and rewards ingenuity.   

It is not as brutal if you try to be smart about things.  I had a long long campaign set up in for many years in this system with multiple groups of parties, who co mingled.   

I hope this intrigues some.
Okay, this sounds pretty cool and interesting. I would definitely be up for trying this because I want to get more role-playing experience Grinning
(11-01-2015, 10:35 PM)fancynancypie Wrote: Okay, this sounds pretty cool and interesting. I would definitely be up for trying this because I want to get more role-playing experience Grinning

I have a full set of rules. its very verbose, The entire game is encompased in 97 pages.  Which includes every spell and the full combat rules and the section on creating a character.   There is math involved when creating the character, because every stat effects abilities / skills.   The character generation process has some minor random things to it.  But it gives you a pool of points to spread amongst your stats as you choose.  So there will be choices to be made.   It also has a lot of detailed rules about travel and its effects on you, and how your endurance/ fatigue recover.   There are rules about infections of wounds.  Which can kill you if left  unattended too long.  The way magic works is pretty basic.   You have Endurance points and Fatigue points.  Endurance is to the bone, fatigue is a just a scratch, exhaustion.   in combat you lose fatigue then once youre exhausted you eat into endurance.  Fatigue recovers quickly and is also expended for use in spells.  

One thing my campaigns are notorious for is a lack of magic items.    They are generally rare, because the cost to make them is high.   There are things like superior crafted items, which while they aren't magical do have a bonus.
I'm interested in joining,Would be nice to play something a bit more rp centric.
(11-02-2015, 01:13 AM)jonn254 Wrote: I'm interested in joining,Would be nice to play something a bit more rp centric.

The first few will be super basic, but I want to run 1 or 2 groups in the same world. so I can co mingle if missing players, or have a conjoined quest
(11-02-2015, 02:14 AM)Mobius Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 01:13 AM)jonn254 Wrote: I'm interested in joining,Would be nice to play something a bit more rp centric.

The first few will be super basic, but I want to run 1 or 2 groups in the same world. so I can co mingle if missing players, or have a conjoined quest

It would be fun to have conjoined quest at some point.
Got my first PC rolled up with a new character, pretty hyped