Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet & Greet!
Hey all, joined a bit ago but recently started to have time to post. I'm Dakota been a big fantasy reader most of my life but only recently got into D&D thanks to turning on twitch one night to catch the tail end of a live episode; #6 I believe, and I was instantly hooked. I joined a game almost 3 months ago as my main campaign & love it.
Hi, I'm Cashew, AKA MrsCashew (on twitch) or some derivative along that line (@Mrs_Cashew on twitter.)

I found CR through Titansgrave... I found Titansgrave thru Tabletop, Tabletop and GnS via Wil Wheaton... so on and so forth. Now, I'm pretty much always in the Emon Pub and Grill (the discord chat room) or on twitch.   

It's really great to be here. This show reignighted my love of DnD- I used to play in a few 2e campaigns, and really missed it. Now, I'm DM for a 5e campaign of a bunch of Moms I met over the internet.  

I also love to cosplay- I did a Gender-twist Percy for halloween, and I'll finish it up and have it perfect for the Steampunk World Fair in May.
Mmmmmk. So- I've been reluctant to dive into joining the forum mainly because I tend to dive all in, but... here I am! Found Critical Role in June when G&S started posting videos to their YouTube. As soon as I found the other episodes on G&S's site, I binged (like most Critters) until I could watch live. Anyway, Critical Role has brought me to create a twitch, come back to twitter, and want to continue to be as amazing as all you other Critters.
Hello! UnknownOutrider here. Big fan of Critical Role and tabletop RPGs in general.

My actual roleplay experience is limited. My first game was in the Murphy's World setting/system, a comedy RPG. I played a Rakshasa named Farley. (In Murphy's World, a Rakshasa is a tiger-headed ape-like creature with deep blue skin and blood-red fur.)

I enjoyed the character so much that I took him to a play-by-post forum called GreatWarriors.net (sadly gone), where he adventured with a Darkwing Duck inspired sorceress, her familiar cat, a Jedi, a Tolkien Elf, a generic Elf, a Pony from My Little Pony, Daphne from Scooby Doo - as a Celtic warrior princess, and many others. It was great fun, if a little frustrating at times.

My next roleplaying experience was a Savage Worlds Rune Punk one-shot at a local comicon where I played a half-demon assassin. Again, very enjoyable!

I'm looking forward to joining a roleplay game, if I can.

What do I do, I work with computers in IT.
Hello!

My name is Nexus, and I am a 26 year old History and Religious Education teacher from the UK. I work with students aged 11-16 and it is a lot of fun. 

I was introduced to Critical Role by quadz08, and whilst in the beginning I had a couple of issues with what was happening and the way people were behaving around the table, those quibbles have almost entirely disappeared, and I really love the show. Matthew Mercer is an incredible DM, and I like Grog a lot - highlight of the show. 

I also enjoy playing and DMing various games - I used to play in a 3.5e game which was my favourite ever experience, but have also had fun playing Hackmaster, Star Wars D20, a couple of games of 4e, and Pathfinder. I'm looking to DM or play something online - preferably 5e or Pathfinder but I also want to try playing Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. 

My favourite character I've ever played is my half-elf rogue, Findecano Vardamir. He got up to such japes as trying to steal a fancy ring off a party member when he first met her, saving that party member's ass with a potion of some kind which allowed us to dive through walls after she failed her Charisma saving throw against insta-death (THANKS, 3.5!), and seducing his own father in disguise so as he could murder him.
Hello, everybody! My name's Adam.

I became a Critter when I saw my first episode, which was "Skyward".

I found out about the show by chance due to Matthew Mercer tweeting about it.

In any case, I'm hoping to join someone's game as a D&D newbie. I'd rather not use Roll20 since I have no idea how the heck I'm supposed to use it or even create my character sheet there.

That being said, I hope we all get along.
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.
D&d 
Hey Critters! My name is Warren and I live in the UK.

I'm fairly new to Critical Role, my first episode was Trial of the Take, and since then I've been hooked. 
I've always wanted to play D&D growing up (I'm 29 now, soon to be 30) and it wasn't until I mentioned critical Role to some friends that they said they run a 4e campaign (set in feudal Japan) the DM invited me along to help her out with the battles, she is more of a story teller, and doesn't take the fight's too seriously (she's scared of killing them all off) so there I was first initiative role was a 19, and went in for the kill straight away, knocked a player prone, with 2 hitpoints left. I thought I'd never be invited back, but the players loved the challenge, and I'm now helping the DM out with storylines, bad guys etc. 

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, plots, and all things Critical with you guys! I've been poking around the forum lately, it's awesome, keep up the good work!
(12-01-2015, 11:09 AM)Tegglington Wrote: Hey Critters! My name is Warren and I live in the UK.

I'm fairly new to Critical Role, my first episode was Trial of the Take, and since then I've been hooked. 
I've always wanted to play D&D growing up (I'm 29 now, soon to be 30) and it wasn't until I mentioned critical Role to some friends that they said they run a 4e campaign (set in feudal Japan) the DM invited me along to help her out with the battles, she is more of a story teller, and doesn't take the fight's too seriously (she's scared of killing them all off) so there I was first initiative role was a 19, and went in for the kill straight away, knocked a player prone, with 2 hitpoints left. I thought I'd never be invited back, but the players loved the challenge, and I'm now helping the DM out with storylines, bad guys etc. 

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, plots, and all things Critical with you guys! I've been poking around the forum lately, it's awesome, keep up the good work!

Hi Warren, glad to have you with us :-) And on a selfish note very happy to see a fellow UK critter representing!
Hey! My name is Felix and I'm a 19 year old from Southern California. I've never played D&D, but I really want to! I've made so many characters that I don't use haha. I'm currently on medical leave from college where I study animation and I will go back to my studies next year. Critical Role made my medical leave more entertaining and I'm so glad I found this great show and community! 

I hope to find people to just chat, play games, or to even join a D&D group!
(12-03-2015, 02:52 AM)Felixteasea Wrote: Hey! My name is Felix and I'm a 19 year old from Southern California. I've never played D&D, but I really want to! I've made so many characters that I don't use haha. I'm currently on medical leave from college where I study animation and I will go back to my studies next year. Critical Role made my medical leave more entertaining and I'm so glad I found this great show and community! 

I hope to find people to just chat, play games, or to even join a D&D group!
We're in the same boat, Felix. Welcome to the forum and to our community!
My YouTube channel for VG commentary playthroughs. Come check it out of you want.
Proud supporter of Vaxleth, an adventurer looking for campaigns to join, and just an avid fan of Critical Role.