Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet & Greet!
Hello, everyone.  My name is Tiffany (CallistoLexx on Twitter and Twitch...feel free to friend me if you want.)  Please, call me Tif or Callie or Callisto.  But in truth I'll really answer to anything.  I'm 32 years old and from south-central Wisconsin (and let me tell you, growing up in the Dairy State and being related to farmers made that cow episode so much stranger and bizarre for me.)

I discovered Critical Role a few months ago and instantly fell in love with the show and the wonderful actors and crew that work on it every week.  I've always been interested in the concept of D&D, but I'm an awkward person and was always self-conscious to try it.  Thanks to the show, I purchased myself a player's handbook and monster manual and went to a gaming convention a couple months ago in Madison where I played my first ever games of D&D and Dragon Age.  And had a blast!  In D&D played a pre-gen halfling rogue/thief who, thanks to some amazing rolls, was apparently a legal genius and missed her calling as a lawyer.  (As an aside, my pre-gen Dalish warrior in Dragon Age [and me by extension] got nicknamed Spider-Girl because apparently climbing rolls were my forte and I could climb anything despite not having a climbing focus...that was pretty cool).  What I learned from that wonderful Saturday was that I REALLY like role playing (which I've kind of always known because I've been playing in PBeM/cooperative writing RPGs online since I was about 14 and have been in a group of Marvel-based PBeM RPGs with the same group of people since 2006) and I absolutely LOVE rolling dice.

Though I've considered myself a diehard Critter for a few months now, I've largely remained on the fringes of the Critter community, mostly because of my social awkwardness.  I'm not always the best with chatting or knowing what to say.  Which may be why I like role playing so much.  Fictional life is just so much easier than real life.

I would ultimately love to find a group of fellow Critters to campaign with, whether online or in the Baraboo/Madison area (though online might be easier as I cannot drive and would need to carpool with someone in the area which would likely be inconvenient to them and I hate being an inconvenience to anyone).  I just need to figure out how the webcam on my laptop works.  And maybe get a headset.  And/or a webcam for my desktop, which I find easier to use on a daily basis.  But I digress.  I'd have to say that initially I'm drawn to Rangers and Druids (because I love animals.)  I've even already rolled a half-elf ranger, though I consider myself a fairly flexible person and would be willing to play any class/race of character as long as my fellow players and DM were patient with me if I take a while to figure it out.  I can be a little slow sometimes in grasping things, but repetition really works for me.

Anyway, I really just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  I never intended for this to be so long and rambling, so...hi again.  Thank you for being such an awesome community.  I'll hit the post button now.
Hello everyone!

I'm Jasper. I've been a Geek and Sundry fan for while, but I didn't get around to watching Critical Role until last June or so. When I finally got around to watching it, I was hooked immediately. The show itself gives me something to look forward to every week, and I love the community that formed around the show and the Twitch channel. I really hope to get more involved in this wonderful community!
(12-02-2015, 10:01 AM)DaggerDaggerDagger Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 11:09 AM)Tegglington Wrote: Hey Critters! My name is Warren and I live in the UK.

I'm fairly new to Critical Role, my first episode was Trial of the Take, and since then I've been hooked. 
I've always wanted to play D&D growing up (I'm 29 now, soon to be 30) and it wasn't until I mentioned critical Role to some friends that they said they run a 4e campaign (set in feudal Japan) the DM invited me along to help her out with the battles, she is more of a story teller, and doesn't take the fight's too seriously (she's scared of killing them all off) so there I was first initiative role was a 19, and went in for the kill straight away, knocked a player prone, with 2 hitpoints left. I thought I'd never be invited back, but the players loved the challenge, and I'm now helping the DM out with storylines, bad guys etc. 

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, plots, and all things Critical with you guys! I've been poking around the forum lately, it's awesome, keep up the good work!

Hi Warren, glad to have you with us :-) And on a selfish note very happy to see a fellow UK critter representing!

Good to hear from another UK Member of the Critter family. where are you based in the UK? I've seen your post about a Critmas Fund for the crew..... sounds interesting! I watch Critmas and just think to myself... 1. What would I get them, and 2. How would I get it there?!?!?!?!?!
(12-10-2015, 11:00 AM)Tegglington Wrote: Good to hear from another UK Member of the Critter family. where are you based in the UK? I've seen your post about a Critmas Fund for the crew..... sounds interesting! I watch Critmas and just think to myself... 1. What would I get them, and 2. How would I get it there?!?!?!?!?!

I'm from Medway in Kent. The problem with the critmass idea was finding a safe place for everyone to donate money in confidence that it would be going to the right place. I think the most recent episode has made a good point about donating in honour of Vox Machina to charities. They did originally start this stream for charity.

Maybe we could organise a forum game day to raise some money for charity? Pipe dreams I know and logistically difficult, but something worth thinking about...
Cryomancer Maurice, Chicago boy, 8 months of 5th Ed and Pathfinder, healer, artist, black guy. (I tried to imagine the Key & Peele skit of the football players with the ridiculous names doing this intro but it's just not the same when you type it).
Hey all, I'm Sam/Tali or psychicearth on Twitch.

I've been into D&D and TRPGs for about as long as I can remember, even reading 3E rulebooks during recess in elementary school. That dates me, and for those of you who don't want to do the math, I'm 22. I've played lots of random small games over those 10 or so years, and DM'ed another lot, especially 5E and the D&D Next Playtest.

I stumbled onto Critical Role last spring I think, probably from something Wil Wheaton said on social media somewhere, and since then I've been head over heels. I think the best part is how much fun they have.

I'm hoping to share and receive some DM wisdom from other critters, and maybe even join a game or - if I'm feeling aggressive - DM one. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll answer if I can.
Welcome :-)
Hey guys, I'm Jeremy (CWSensation on Twitch and Reddit, jthomas411mania on Twitter & Periscope).  I'm a writer and editor for 411mania.com, a pop culture website that covers movies (and comics), music, wrestling, gaming and MMA.  I'm also a 100% unapologetic fanboy who has been known to Squee on many an occasion.

I'm a thirty-eight year-old lifelong gamer, started playing at the age of six when my school's speech therapist started using AD&D 1.0 to help me get through an issue where I couldn't pronounce R's because of I had been tongue-tied.  (Yep, I played D&D with a school official at an impressionable age.  It was a very different time!)  Since then RPGs have been a mainstay of my life; I've played everything from Marvel Super Heroes, Call of Cthulhu, Boot Hill, Paranoia and various editions of Star Wars to Star Trek: TNG, GURPS in many forms, In Nomine, Palladium, TMNT, Rifts, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, MechWarrior and so on.  My main jams have generally been in succession: AD&D 2nd Edition, World of Darkness and then D&D games using the WoD Storyteller system.  

I've just recently gotten into 5E and have started up an Eberron game with my tabletop group...not so coincidentally, about a month after I discovered Critical Role in August (?) or so.  I have followed G&S for a long while and had watched all of Tableltop, the Flog, Co-Optitude and the rest of the shows, and finished up Titansgrave.  On a lark I decided to watch the first episode of CR because I wanted my RPG show fix and binge-watched the series at what is probably an unhealthy rate.  (Sleep?  Who needs that??)  

I am rarely in the live chat because on Thursday nights I go out to the movies with my biological mother, so I tend to watch them on the Past Broadcasts when I get home that night.  I have been dabbling a bit on Reddit and post to Twitter from time to time as well.  The Critter community is the most amazing fandom I've ever seen and I'm proud to consider myself one.

Now that I've overshared way too much, I'll finish off and say great to be here!
Scroll-open 
Hey there I'm Waylyn,
after hearing about critical role from laura and travis on achievement hunter I decided to try out watching the first episode, I then watched 40 episodes in two weeks and I can't get enough.
I don't have a problem you have a problem.

anyway I've heard about DnD before and thought it would be fun but never got around to playing, but I would love to join a game.

I have ideas all the time about different worlds, and characters and would love to put them into effect, but first i'd like to play a game just to get into the swing of things.

so that's me... are you not entertained?
(02-27-2016, 01:01 AM)Waylyn Wrote: Hey there I'm Waylyn,
after hearing about critical role from laura and travis on achievement hunter I decided to try out watching the first episode, I then watched 40 episodes in two weeks and I can't get enough.
I don't have a problem you have a problem.

My friend, I believe you are the new record holder. That is one hell of a binge!