Critters RPG Forum
Play By Post - Printable Version

+- Critters RPG Forum (http://forum.crittersrpg.com)
+-- Forum: Dungeons & Dragons (http://forum.crittersrpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Online Campaign Discussions (http://forum.crittersrpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Play By Post (/showthread.php?tid=18)

Play By Post - TFredrickson80 - 08-19-2015

Since no one has posted here yet, I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling.  I'm not sure if this will violate any of the site rules as I will most likely be posting links to other sites but if it does the Moderators are more than welcome to give me a swift kick in the backside.

First, I know how hard it is to find a group of individuals to play with in person and online.  Schedules change and life happens, this is why I love playing by post.  It makes life so much easier, the players and DM post in a forum and that can be responded to by the others.  It is a bit slower but can allow for more creative juices to flow.

I've found one site in particular that I've enjoyed playing on, the community is large and very active,  not to mention pretty friendly.  They're also very new player friendly.  They have a section of the forum set aside specifically to teach new players the basic ropes of the games and the play by post format.

The site I speak of:  www.rpgcrossing.com

The site also offers a large number of systems to play in, not just D&D.

RE: Play By Post - mskimmyd - 08-19-2015

(08-19-2015, 06:04 AM)TFredrickson80 Wrote: Since no one has posted here yet, I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling.  I'm not sure if this will violate any of the site rules as I will most likely be posting links to other sites but if it does the Moderators are more than welcome to give me a swift kick in the backside.

First, I know how hard it is to find a group of individuals to play with in person and online.  Schedules change and life happens, this is why I love playing by post.  It makes life so much easier, the players and DM post in a forum and that can be responded to by the others.  It is a bit slower but can allow for more creative juices to flow.

I've found one site in particular that I've enjoyed playing on, the community is large and very active,  not to mention pretty friendly.  They're also very new player friendly.  They have a section of the forum set aside specifically to teach new players the basic ropes of the games and the play by post format.

The site I speak of:  www.rpgcrossing.com

The site also offers a large number of systems to play in, not just D&D.

This doesn't violate any of the forum rules, and is exactly the type of thing I was looking for in this forum - thanks so much for sharing! Grinning  Thank You

RE: Play By Post - BenoSmash - 09-19-2015

RPoL is another option for PbP. I wrote a little about it here.

RE: Play By Post - ckiser - 10-13-2015

myth-weavers.com is another PbP site.  I've got a game going there and another on RPoL.  I like myth-weavers.com a little more for visual reasons.  Plus the game on there seems to be going a little faster but that's because the GM requires a daily post where the GM on RPoL requires a weekly post.